The flute is a unique and eccentric musical instrument. Flute players have a niche in the music industry. If you are a novice and are just looking in to buying a beginner’s flute or you are a professional flute player, who is looking to buy a new organ, it can be a daunting task nonetheless. If you want to upgrade your instrument or purchase a new one to explore your interest and passion, here is a list of useful tips when in the market to buy a new flute:
- Do plenty of research on the different brands available. You can get a lot of helpful information from current students and teachers. Public forums are also a great resource.
- Always be wary of flutes which look cheap. Sometimes, you maybe tempted to buy flutes which do not look expensive and you want to save money, but remember that cheap looking flutes are often very difficult to play.
- However, don’t buy something that’s not designed for a beginner. If you are a beginner, you should invest inquality, but do not go for something high end and complicated.
- Stick to traditional specifications. This is the golden rule for everyone, especially beginners. For the latter, silver plated flutes with closed holes are the best.
- Get the right size. For beginners, it is useful to get a flute with a smaller head joint. For young player, aged 5-7, it is good idea to get mini flutes.
- Finally, it is a good idea to know the difference between Beginner, intermediate and professional flutes.
Playing the flute is an interesting habit and is sure to make you stand out from the crowd. If you are on the fence about it, a great way to start playing the flute is to play along to some of the famous flute songs and see where it leads to from there.